Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Bloodbath

No, I'm not talking about what you get when you cross a jackal. Rather, I'm talking about what you get when your crazy kid trips forehead first into the corner of a door. As Damon or Schubert know from Manor Woods, heads bleed a lot. This is what my shirt looked like afterward - that blood came out of my 25 lb kid in about a minute or two, and that's what made it past the cloth we were holding to the wound and didn't end up on our (freshly cleaned) carpet. Random trips to the ER are the shit! He had a wide gash on his forehead but they fixed it up with Dermabond.

Two takeaways from this:
  • Ball Deep, every time you encourage your Baby Jackaline to walk, you're setting yourself up for this.
  • ScarShoulders, maybe you shouldn't make a baby after all. The last thing SSette needs is to be rousing her husband with smelling salts while she holds a bloody cloth to her kid's forehead.
By the way, he's alright; five minutes after the fall happened, it was like he'd forgotten all about it and wanted to run all over the house again (even though his head was still bleeding). He's a tough little Jackal...

11 comments:

  1. Boo to posts showing up after posts that were already published.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy shit. His first scar. I've never been so proud. He had to learn sometime, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a little badass. Maybe he can date baby Jackaline someday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo Head, that kid's got a melon on him too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please tell me you're not surprised. He's made in part out of my sperm, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Link, you the fuckin man! Please tell me he was wearing his Jackals shirt when he did this and it is now covered in blood...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i dont remeber my first trip to the ER but i belive it may have cause ScarShoulders skrimpness towards blood
    perhaps thinking his brother was dead cuased some sort of psychological damage

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shocking you don't remember the trip to the ER that was as a result of being hit in the skull with a metal baseball bat by your sister. Shocking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man I bet that shit bled a LOT. Did you guys take any pictures before you went to the ER?

    It is an interesting take on the origins of this fear of blood. The feeling of helplessness probably was not aided by me dropping him on his head when he passed out on me at that blood drive in high school!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Yo Head I don't feel so slick.."
    "Dude what the fuck I'm not gay..."
    WHAM!
    "Hey you two stop fucking around over there this is serious!!"
    "Uh, I think he actually needs medical attention.."
    "Give him a cookie and an Orange Juice, but just one."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hilarious! (And quite possibly an exact transcript of what transpired that day.)

    ReplyDelete