Thursday, June 25, 2009

Remember the Good Old Days?

Yeah? Me neither. That is because we haven't seen a local championship in our adult lives. The Caps came close in 1998 and this year, but hockey is Canadian, GAF, and a lame consolation prize.
What the hell, man? Local sports are so bad that the local media is now resorting to rooting for Nationals to lose more games (120 losses) than the '62 Mets so that we can suck LESS. I mean talk about accepting your mediocrity.

Let's take a look back to when the good old days were for our region.

1978 Bullets (I was in utero.)

1992 Redskins (I was 13 and didn't know shit about sports, but at least I sort of remember it.)
1983 Orioles (I was 4 years old.)

Seems to me like Skins are ripe for a turnaround since none of these other scrimps are ready to man the fuck up. (Boog this is why I can make playoff claims in June...Blind faith.)

6 comments:

  1. Let's not forget Super Bowl XXXV...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ravens = Busch League

    But you have a point. That was pretty cool.

    I also forgot about Terps in '02 but I was talking professional level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I should have been specific to teams that I actually root for, like I said yesterday. I got nothing against the Ravens unless they are playing the Skins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that's the key to having a losing team, have Ball Deep in your fan base. Noted. You are no longer welcome to root for the Terps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not bad for a psuedo Giants/psuedo any sports fan so pops wont write u and boogs out of the will kind of way. Here's to another year of the Orioles battling it out for 4th or 5th, now that the season is about half over, they can give up all pretenses of being a pro team, and to the Skins still trying to do good, but ending up a 7-9 or maybe a 8-8 team, even though Snyder has spent more than Obama's bailout on the team this year, and to Haynesworth pulling a hammy the first game, out for the rest of the season, then he'll go back to the Titans next year. Oh wait, that allready happened with J. Taylor last year. Fuck shitty owners. Bring Riggo back. Props for the good post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What the fuck are you talking about I hate the Giants and I had Skins season tickets last year pseudo giants fan is a slap in the face. Thanks for the props all the same though.

    ReplyDelete