Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Phillies ex-ball player bankrupt.

Former Phillies great Lenny Dykstra, and Jim Kramer touted financial prodigy, Lenny Dykstra's rise to the top comes crashing down in a blaze of un-glory. I recommend tracking down this video...pretty fucking hilarious
Goldberg found a defiant Dykstra at his unfurnished mansion, where the door
had been left unlocked. When no one answered, Goldberg walked inside and began
calling out for Dykstra: "Lenny? Anybody home? Hello? Mr.
Dykstra?"

Close to a half-hour later, Dykstra came downstairs for
their scheduled appointment, which resulted in what Goldberg called "something
vaguely resembling a conversation." Dykstra denied owing anyone money, including
the $280,000 allegedly owed to the printer of The Players Club, the glossy
lifestyle magazine for pro athletes that Dykstra launched last
spring.

DYKSTRA: Who? Tell me who I owe?
GOLDBERG: Let's go
through a few people. The printers . . .
DYKSTRA: Fuck the printers. The
printers are criminals.
GOLDBERG: The flight attendant?
DYKSTRA: Fuck the
flight attendant . . . They all think they can come here and steal my
money.

Dykstra says the legal cases against him are "all
bullshit."

Goldberg asked Dykstra what he would say to people "who
think once upon a time you were flying high and now you're
broke?"
Dykstra laughed and withdrew a wad of bills, which he began
counting. Goldberg said, "OK, so you've got $75 in your pocket, that doesn't
make you rich." To which Dykstra replied, "I never carry less than $1,000. But
flying high? Looks like I'm still flying pretty fuckin’ high. And by the way,
I'm flying higher."

6 comments:

  1. I read the article in SI or ESPN or whichever it was. Dykstra is completely out of his mind. He ripped off his whole family and like 5-6 companies. He's a white collar conman.

    P.S. I'm back from Vegas and my body is paying dearly. I don't really have any stories that would be anything other than what you'd expect -- also probably because I was blacked out drunk the whole time. I didn't eat anything from Saturday around 6:00 vegas time until yesterday at lunch. I lost about 7 pounds in 4 days. I drank an entire bottle of patron sunday afternoon, in 110 degree heat and somehow i made it to craps tables in my bathing suit until around 10:00 when i realized i was teh only one still in a bathing suit. so i got changed and went back to the craps table, thought i was big lebowski and ordered a handful of white russians followed by more beer and played craps until 4:00am. it's given the word bender a whole new meaning. I woke up monday and i had no idea where iwas and i had to catch a flight at 11:00. I left an envelope full of 150 bucsk in the hotel room, which they claim didn't happen *of course*. That's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good shit - you really want to bury that in a comment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not that I don't like your stories Clonelle, cause I do. But can we get back to Dykstra for a sec. Cause those responses wer fucking amazing. Is he gonna use that as his defense in court too. "Dykstra, where were you the night of the 14th?" "Fuck the 14th. The 14th didn't even exist you fuckin liars. I'm the man. Get outta my courtroom." Its like he graduated from the school of Tico with honors and went on to be a nobel prize winner in being a crazy asshole. I'd fuckin pay to have him post a rant on the blog. Seriously, I am starting a movement to have Dykstra post on the blog. Who's with me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. BD in the Dirty Dirt now.June 24, 2009 at 1:52 PM

    Watch the HBO series "East bound and Down" bouty bout it. Kenny Powers is Baseball.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Fuck the 14th. The 14th didn't even exist you fuckin liars. I'm the man. Get outta my courtroom."

    classic.

    ReplyDelete