Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Blowing Off Steam Alert!

From yesterday's Associated Press interview with Mark Sanford, the embattled and philandering governor (at least for now) of South Carolina:
Sanford, at times crying and unabashedly emotional, acknowledged in the AP interview that he had casual encounters with other women while he was married but before he met Chapur. They took place during trips outside the country to "blow off steam" with male friends.

"What I would say is that I've never had sex with another woman. Have I done stupid? I have. You know you meet someone. You dance with them. You go to a place where you probably shouldn't have gone," Sanford said, declining to discuss details. But he said those encounters were nothing like his relationship with Chapur.

"If you're a married guy at the end of the day you shouldn't be dancing with somebody else. So anyway, without wandering into that field we'll just say that I let my guard down in all senses of the word without ever crossing the line that I crossed with this situation."

Emphasis mine. Does anyone else see where I'm going with this? Was Steven on these trips?

2 comments:

  1. this would explain Steven not coming to play cards anymore. He's too busy blowing off steam internationally...

    ReplyDelete