Thursday, March 24, 2011

JOTD: Buck Showalter

"The first time we went to Yankee Stadium, I screamed at Derek Jeter from the dugout," Showalter told the magazine, according to the Bergen Record. "Our guys are thinking, 'Wow, he's screaming at Derek Jeter.' Well, he's always jumping back from balls just off the plate. I know how many calls that team gets -- and yes, he [ticks] me off."




"I'd like to see how smart Theo Epstein is with the Tampa Bay [Rays] payroll," Showalter told Men's Journal, according to the Record. "You got Carl Crawford 'cause you paid more than anyone else, and that's what makes you smarter? That's why I like whipping their butt. It's great, knowing those guys with the $205 million payroll are saying, 'How the hell are they beating us?' "




Shout out to Ol' Filthy for the link...

2 comments:

  1. I do believe I have vague memories of one Mister BMR making fun of other Jackals for following college football.

    If my memory is correct which is normally the case then I shall leave it at this: MLB....................is fucking 1.) lame 2.) gay 3.) gay and lame.

    I go asleep in the first inning stretch and shit. Goddamn.

    ReplyDelete