Thursday, January 14, 2010

Snack Food Debate

When I was a wee lad I loved snack time.

I mean, when you are a kid and attend awesome public school you have three scheduled eating events within your day.

1. Morning Snack - Usually a milk and some sort of shitty ass granola bar or fruit roll up or god forbid REAL fruit
2. Lunch - Time to find your cardboard school pizza and some TOTS
3. Afternoon Snack - Usually a juice box and some sort of chips or other bagged product

Well with all of these habitual and repetitive eating times throughout my childhood I became a true snack junkie. Shit when you add breakfast and dinner to that you are eating 5 times a day and that is pretty awesome in my book!

All of this brings me to my fucking long overdue point! What are the best snacks?????

When I was that wee lad in my snack food infancy I would eat anything put before me as long as it didn't come in the form of lima bean. As I grew to be the young punk teenager that I was the realm of snack food grew immensely to the level I call, In the beginning. I thought Doritos, Fritos, Pringles, Combos, and basically anything that is at 7-11 was the shit.

As I grew from punk ass teenager to thought I knew it all college fucker I grew into level two which I call, Now we're getting somewhere. Here is where Ramen Noodles, Taquitos, Taco Dips, Microwave Nachos, Waffle Fries, Pork Rinds, Sunflower Seeds, and more were discovered. Basically anything that was CHEAP and able to be made or last in a dorm room without refrigeration.

Then I grew into the sitting behind a desk all fucking day snack junkie that I am today. I will still snack on just about anything but I now look for all new ways to snack. So I offer up my latest finds to the den and ask that you bitches send me some new suggestions also to help FEED my addiction to the all mighty Snack Time!

Bacon Bourbon Caramel Corn

Bacon Wrapped Pigs in a Blanket

Butterfly Fries; Additions Needed: Cheese and what else.... BACON

Holler with your favorite snacks big, small, tall, short, healthy, fattening, WHATVER...

4 comments:

  1. Whatchu know about carrots, broccoli, pita bread and some hummus?!?!?!?!?!

    Oh shit my bad I thought I was commenting on Ball Deeps Gay Clone site...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all about peanuts. I have a big ass container of peanuts that I sit and crack all day while on the Den when I should be working. My coworkers hate me I know it.

    Some other winners are goldfish (flavor burst joints), chips and salsa, baked potato loaded up with cheese and bacon, beer, wine, and beer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS carrots and celery and hummus are the shit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pistachios are pretty Jackal, as are Wasabi Peas and Asain Trail mix if you can find it.

    ReplyDelete