Monday, August 17, 2009

Boog Caught the Shaft

So any Jackal that KNOWS BMR knows how seriously this ninja approaches his dealings with the sandwich, the hoagie, the grinder and all bread-based food forms that inspire, clog arteries and generally jackal up the tables upon which we sup.

Now BMR has a rockin' cool office and there's a monthly "Throwdown", no joke it's called a throwdown. So I posed a challenge, a sandwich challenge. My opponent and I exchanged proper proportions of shit talk, but the day arrived. Boogers brought his A game, my ninjas. It was a massive Italian loaf, the spread was dubbed, "Maryland Blue Crab Backfin Roulade", romaine, red onion, banana pepper, jalapeno jack cheese, bacon and roasted turkey breast. Having never sampled the sandwich, I submitted it to a panel of judges. I handly captured the flavor portion of the judging, but somehow lost to an open-faced hors dourve or however the fuck you spell it on some kind of toast, prosciutto and oranges. Not sure why there was more than a flavor category, but it feels, to me, like I wasted $70.00.  No cash prize or anything, but madd heads complimented my sandwich. You tell me, turkey, bacon, pepper jack, banana peppers vs. prosciutto and oranges.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Boogers. You gotta pick sandwiches with your audience in mind. Apparently you work with a bunch of gay clones. Gay clones feed on gay food. Jackals would take both sandwiches, smash them together, call it a double loss, and destroy the double decker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with SS, but I would prefer your grub. You probably needed to put some cilantro in that shit. Gay clones love cilantro. Fucking fancy parsley.

    ReplyDelete