Friday, June 12, 2009

Hipster Jackals??

I am not sure if that is an oxymoron, but this band has all the makings of being Jackal. They don't give a fuck and it shows. Their Indian front man is a freaking madman and they rock. Picture Thin Lizzy + Blues Brothers + The Animals + lots of Acid + P-Funk + Indian people = Fuckin' Jackal ass shit. Based on my butthole surfer submission, you all are not watching my posts but I could give a fuck because I want to have all this shit in on place. Baleeve it!!



Courtesy of Wikipedia:

King Khan and the Shrines, sometimes referred to as King Khan and (His) Sensational Shrines or The Supreme Genius of King Khan and His Sensational Shrines, are a Berlin-based garage rock and psychedelic soul band.
The band was founded in 1999 by the twenty-two year old King Khan, formerly of Canadian garage rock outfits The Spaceshits (where he operated under the pseudonym Blacksnake) and Kukamongas. The band is noted for its impressive stage antics. Typically King Khan is scantily clad, and the overwhelming frontman. His performances feature a cheerleader, and a mixture of instrumentation including, but not limited to:
keyboard, baritone saxophone, guitar, bass, and drums. He played an energetic concert at the 2008 Pitchfork Music Festival.

6 comments:

  1. I'll be honest BallD, I think you're losing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good shit! SS doesn't like it because the dude isn't black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indians are the new black man did you see Slumdog?? Mumbai makes Compton look wussy. Plus the girl is hot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I'll be honest BallD, I think you're losing it."

    Sounds kinda gay cloney to me.

    HHHHHOOOOOWWWWWLLLLL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever. The description of the band you posted says the band is know for the leader singer taking his shirt off on stage. Blow off steam on your own time fellas, keep it off the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isnt mos def naked on the cover of Black on both sides? I just sayin' (or is that D'Angelo?)

    Anyway this shit rocks.

    ReplyDelete