Monday, January 3, 2011

GCOTC: Kevin Anderson


Fuck you Kevin Anderson. Fuck you very much.
Are you fuckiking kidding me?!?!?!?!
Let's go to the videotape...
Randy Edsall - 74-70 and 22-26 in the shitty Big East.
Ralph Friedgen - 75-50 and 43-37 in the better ACC.
Mike Leach - 84-43 and 47-33 in the better than both Big 12.
JESUS TITTY FUCKING CHRIST WAS THIS AN EASY DECISION TO MAKE. DON'T HIRE THE SHITTIEST COACH OF THE THREE ABOVE. HIRE THE COACH (MIKE LEACH) THAT IS BOYS WITH KEVIN PLANK THE UNIVERSITYS MOST INFLUENTIAL AND GENEROUS DONOR. THE GUY WHO CAN MAKE MD THE OREGON OF THE EAST. WHO DOES THE COCKSMOKER HIRE?
RANDY FUCKING EDSALL?!?!?!?!?!?!
I have season tickets to basketball and I'm listening to nothing but DMX this month... sombodies about to get got. Voicemail and me are gonna ride on this Ninja come Tuesday and he's gonna feel the fucking pain. Die slow mother fucker!!!

3 comments:

  1. I really don't get it at all from either perspective. Maryland just deposed one of their best and most popular coaches ever in favor of a guy who isn't going to address their biggest shortcomings under Fridge. And in the process, they pissed a lot of alumni off - see the Military Bowl signs saying "A Terp Deserves Better", etc. I think a lot of people figured they were getting rid of Fridge because they had the opportunity to make a big splash, but would much rather have Fridge if Edsall is the alternative.

    Meanwhile, I think Edsall had the opportunity to be something of an institution in Storrs, so I'm sort of surprised that he wanted to leave for another mid-range job. Unless he just really thought there wasn't an opportunity to do much more because of the facilities and recruiting base there...

    I fear that Anderson just saw "BCS Bowl" and got all excited. If so, he's an idiot - UConn was basically the same team this year that they've always been (decent, but far from BCS-caliber) and just randomly snuck in by virtue of winning the tiebreakers in probably the worst conference in BCS history.

    I guess if I was going to look at the bright side, it would be this: Edsall has clearly demonstrated that he's a pretty good coach by doing a lot at UConn with very little, and doing it in a very short time. As a VT fan, I'm well aware that flashiness should not be confused with quality. And there is a common bias against defense-first types in football; I remember all the experts being so sure that the Raiders were going to destroy the Bucs in Super Bowl XXXVII, for example. Moreover, I guess it's possible that Leach's outstanding legal issues are significant enough to be a substantial obstacle in hiring him.

    With all that said, though, as a Hokie fan I'm much happier at the prospect of facing Randy Edsall once a year than I would be with Mike Leach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. He compared NCAA football to NFL football. That's rich. Hard luck, SS. I was really looking forward to UMD football, and ACC for that matter, not sucking. Does this mean we can keep Jonathan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna cut Kevin Andersons tongue out and get it surgically Jonathaned onto Edsall's crappy coaching face.

    ReplyDelete