Friday, February 5, 2010

Yeah Ken Pomeroy

The man predicts VT 74, UNC 68...
...and the score is VT 74, UNC 70. I give the man a break if his model didn't know that Larry Drew IIX was going to hit a meaningless shot at the buzzer.
Anyway, a solid win for VT, even if everyone's beating Carolina these days - still one game ahead of even in terms of home/road record. If we can beat Clemson on Saturday (if the game even happens then given the snow), we'll be in excellent shape for finishing .500 in the ACC. Maybe we could even make the Tournament this time!

In other news, the Terps picked up an even better win tonight, knocking off a solid opponent on the road, particularly with Mosley being held to one point while Derwin Kitchen was having one of those annoying "role player randomly turns into superstar" nights (29 points on 16 shots & 2 FTs?!). If they take care of business at home against Carolina and Virginia, they'll be 7-2 in the ACC going into the big game against You Know Who next weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I will walk to the MD/UNC game on Sunday with my crippled knee if that is what it comes down to. 3.4 miles. Already looked it up. Book it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome win, what's the Hokie circle of life? Enter Sandman at the beggining in Lane to the end at Cassell

    I GET SO FUCKING PUMPED I am afraid some day i am punching someone in the face (I hope is not one of my kids)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you speak for all of us, Tico.

    ReplyDelete