Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ouch

Ouch:
"Hey I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win. Now he has"
At the same time, I'm not really interested in hearing idiot talking heads reduce this to performance under pressure and guts and whatever. Sean Payton made great decisions, Drew Brees was Drew Brees, Peyton Manning was Peyton Manning + one dumb read, and Tracy Porter made a fantastic play. One good team beat another, and a great player made a bad decision - it happens. Someone had to win, right?

With that said, I spent a couple days in New Orleans
last week and it's hard not to be really happy for those people, who are just completely insane about this Saints team.

Oh, and this is unrelated, but I'm headed to Los Angeles tomorrow, so I'll just point this out now: Just in case anyone is wondering, Sarah Palin is still fucking retarded.

Addendum: Chris Berman just said that the Saints decision to go for it on 4th and goal from the 2 didn't work out. Really?? Did he not notice that they got the field goal anyway as a result of the Colts' shitty field position that resulted from the decision? If there was one thing that confused me about that sequence, it was the Colts trying to run out the clock rather than trying to go get points of their own.

11 comments:

  1. To be honest I'm pretty shocked Payton coaching like it was a game of Madden and he had 4 shots of Razzouk actually worked. I kind of feel like he just got lucky. He made calls that result in success less than half of the time. Yeah they worked and sure he gets props for calling them, but I can't really endorse them as being genius. I guess he knew he didn't have the better team so he had to go for a once in a lifetime win...

    Also, how shitty was Reggie Wayne? Not running hard on the INT and then short arming a perfect TD pass on the last play of the game. BITCH JUICE...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you guys be so obtuse? It's pretty obvious Peyton took a dive because his Dad told him to let New Orleans win one. Plus, Eli was all crying like a bitch when he found out Peyton was gonna have two rings.

    Furthermore,
    Sarah Palin is a hard working 'Merican who's tired of all your 'Hopey' and 'Changey' stuff. What we need is a Revolution, a Three Party system and a full-on war in Iran. Sometimes I worry about you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet Sarah Palin went to a Super Bowl party and ate chili yesterday... Does that make her more 'Mercan and possibly more Jackal than BMR, Voicemail, Babyface, CQQ99, and Pontius?? Year of the clone soldiers on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eat chili without Mac and Cheese, what is this Stalinist Russia? Come pick a ninja up next time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not so fast sweetheart, there WAS mac and cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  6. and there was an Audi Quattro, set to go out on Jackal Recon. But it sat, dormant. If I started walking to your house, my Daddy wasn't awound to come pick me up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not my fault I was a little drunk from the post game tailgate when I got home and couldn't acquire the Quattro. Don't blame the awesome, never blame the awesome, always blame the clone...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Give Jackal Credit where the shit is due. BMR was killin' it all afternoon. The best part was the Caps game though, so anything that went down at the OJD would have been anti-climactic. Besides, SS and BMR kicked it the Sunday before and it wasn't very jackal. Remember, it ended with us watching the Grammy's?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally back in town to participate in the conversation my post started... and now writing this the second time because BlogSpot is fucking useless...

    Anyway, I don't get this: "To be honest I'm pretty shocked Payton coaching like it was a game of Madden and he had 4 shots of Razzouk actually worked. I kind of feel like he just got lucky. He made calls that result in success less than half of the time."

    Outside of the onside kick, what overly aggressive decisions did Payton make? The two-point conversion? Up 5 late, I think that's the obvious choice. Going for it on 4th-and-goal from the 2? I take that more often than not because even if you don't convert, the field position has a lot of value (minimizes the chances of the opponent scoring & maximizes the chances of you scoring on the next possession). And the numbers seem to back me up on both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Going for it on 4th-and-goal from the 2? I take that more often than not because even if you don't convert, the field position has a lot of value" This one. The Colts convert ONE first down and they don't get the ball back. Maybe you do that with 5 minutes left in the half, not with 1. It worked because Caldwell coached like a pussy. Insert something about pussys and dicks and assholes and them fucking each other here. I give him props for the dice rolling, but he got DAMN lucky...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would also add that there is a significant amount of psychology involved in plays like this. Both of those plays were psychologically signs to the players that "we have to pull out all the stops to win this game!". They both worked so that is a boost, but if either of them had failed it could've sunk the ship right then and there.

    ReplyDelete