Saturday, November 7, 2009

Jackal Memories of my past: First Blood

Netflix is the greatest thing ever. I always find random shit I have not seen in years. Yes, it is Saturday night and I am at home. What do you expect? A Jackal has to put in his quality family time before a weekend of debauchery on the 14th...

So tonight's selection happens to be one of the greatest of all time. First Blood. Obviously this is the only good Rambo movie. First, because Rambo is not in the title, but mostly because Sly Stallone says about 3 words total so he doesn't blow his cover about being totally fucking retarded. But seriously this movie happens to fucking rule.

I can't even remember how many wooden knives I whittled, fires I started, or survival techniques I impersonated in my backyard as I kid based solely on imitating this movie. Most jackal shit ever.

Not to get all nostalgic but old movies were so much better. No CGI, No Shia LaBeouf, no megan fox (ok so that part is bonus), just a serious case of ass kicking from a 'roided out freak that "had been pushed to far." Seriously I can't decide whose voice is cooler this old school preview guy or Richard Crenna. "Don't forget one thing.....a good supply of body bags."

5 comments:

  1. Of course 1st Blood was awesome. Good choice BDtwice. Also why the fuck were the next 2 movies also called 1st blood. Shouldnt they be 2nd and 3rd blood respectively. Even though I guess it kind of makes senses about the phrase They drew First Blodd, still people who watch movies are gay ass clones, what do they care? Starting a petition to rename Rambo sequels.

    The only other good one was 2 or 1st Blood part two, when he had the exploding arrows. me and my bro definitely spent a lot of time as kids trying to make them- gunpowder in soda cans fastened to arrows- still didnt work but damn we tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just found out from a little research that this movie was actually made from a book and he dies in the end. Leave it to Hollywood to ruin a good story to leave room for a sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah David Morrell. Read some of his books. A little dated now but good action/thriller joints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha, BD2 tries to tell OBD about a book. You can't school OBD on literature, certainly not literature about ass kicking. Rookie move BD2..

    ReplyDelete
  5. was merely admitting that I thought that Rambo was created by Hollywood, but should have realized the only reason it was good is because they stole it from an author. Like most good movies. Cormac McCarthy's book was just recently ripped off for the new movie the Road. Actually may be decent because Viggo is sort of a badass and Charlize Theron is one nice piece of asssshh. Speaking of I think we may have to add her to the Friday roster.

    ReplyDelete