Wednesday, May 5, 2010

GCOTD: Joe Lieberman

Wow, some of our elected officials have just gone completely batshit crazy:
Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) thinks he’s found a work-around on the whole Miranda rights debate for U.S. citizens accused of terrorism: Strip their citizenship and ship them to Guantanamo.
John McCain and Peter King, the top Republican on the House Homeland Security Committee, both recently criticized the Justice Department's decision to read Faisal Shahzad (the suspect in the Times Square bomb attempt) his Miranda rights.

Surely, OBD, the rest of you, and, I don't know, maybe Richard Jewell, can join me in agreeing that we don't want to live in a country where the police can take away your citizenship before Mirandizing you, let alone trying and convicting you, and ship you to a military detention center overseas.

Right?

(In other somewhat-related news, John McCain is a complete clown.)

5 comments:

  1. I bet McCain would've enjoyed some Miranda rights when he was jacked over in Vietnam. KFTCTTBFO dumbass facist conservative retards.

    People realize you CANNOT stop terrorists from getting stuff to blow up shit and you CANNOT live a society where people can walk around and be free to go to work, school, the mall, harris teeter, etc. without them having access to the shit that they want to blow up.

    How do you solve this? Stop GIVING THEM REASONS to blow shit up.

    Morons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps I know your car had a Lieberman sticker. You voted for him for president once didn't you? I never forget anything. KFTCTTBFO Head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely never had a Lieberman anything on my car, nor did I vote for him. I don't vote for guys whose faces are melting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sure about that? Oh shizzle it was Kucinich wasn't it? I guess I FTCTTBFO.... damnit...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, it was Kucinich. I don't deny being a hardcore lefty. I voted for Nader in 2000. (Note that this was in Maryland so it didn't affect anything.)

    ReplyDelete