Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Break it down for me Jaws



In this era of 24 hour news and ESPN and Thursday Night Football and Saturday Night Football and Thursday Night Football Special Edition on Christmas and NFL Network and 37 Bowl Games sometimes a sports fan gets caught up in the matrix and doesn't really analyze a football game. I'm going to break down a little Monday Night Football for all of you right here in the den.

Often times you hear coaches talking about winning each quarter. I'm gonna break that all the way down to winning each play. I'll define an offensive win as a gain of 4 or more yards because three such gains gets you a first down. It's also an offensive win if a fist down is gained by gaining less than three yards. I went through the first 25 minutes of football last night to analyze just how the Giants took a 24-0 lead. Lets go to the video tape...



What you can barely see here is the Giants winning 35 of the first 49 plays. That boys and girls is more than a two to one ratio. They also won the first NINE third downs. This is how you dominate a football game boys and girls. Hopefully little Jimmy Zorn figures this out this week so he can beat the Cowboys on Sunday...

3 comments:

  1. I didn't watch the game but I checked the score at some point last night and I believe the total yards were something like 191 to 3. Ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are both idiots. it is obvious that the Skins didnt even show up last night. Jim Zorn doesnt give a fuck and neither does anyone in a Skins uniform. They are a fucking joke and they know it. Bruce Allen is gonna go in there and fire all them mother fuckers anyhow so what does it matter. If you knew you were being fired would you care? I heard today that he did that trick play as a final FU to Dan Snyder. he knew it wouldn't work. They saw it coming. Let's please move onto another topic as I am sick of hearing about it.

    PS nice useless waste of Excel and post space. completely illegible and obviously copied from yahoo sports or some shit. well played.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're the idiots? hahahahahahahahahahaha Thats as funny as the Redskins "football" team.

    As for Zorn having the balls to call that play as a FU to Snyder? No dice. Dude is a eunuch.

    As for the excel I actually created it and turned it into a picture. I copied the play summary from ESPN. If you click on it you can read it. It even has a miscalculated 3rd and 1 the Giants converted marked as a Skins 'win'. I caught the error when I was counting how many third downs the Giants dominated in a row to start the game. Dear God I had fun last night and am still having fun today. Did you stay up to hear the audible cheers of "lets go Giants" in FedEx? Just wondering...

    ReplyDelete